Scholarship Information

Paducah Public Schools Updates for March 16 - April 17 Closing
March 30
 Paducah Public Schools to Continue Non-Traditional Instruction and Tornado Takeout Through Spring Break, April 6-10
March 26
Students who have paper packets of assignments will turn in their completed assignments and pick up a new packet Friday, March 27. See the news summary below for bus schedules and specific instructions. 
March 20
In keeping with Governor Beshear’s recommendation that all Kentucky Schools stop in-person instruction, Paducah Public Schools Non-Traditional Instruction (NTI) Days will be extended through Friday, April 17, 2020. This closure is a proactive approach to limit exposure to COVID-19 within our community.
Here is the schedule for the coming weeks:
March 23 – March 27 NTI Days
March 30 – April 3 NTI Days
April 6 - April 10  NTI Days
April 13 – April 17 NTI Days

As a school district, we are prepared to provide continuity of services for both learning and nutrition. Teachers will be providing instructional services using Non-Traditional Instruction (NTI). Our food service staff will continue preparing meals for delivery according to the schedule that is already in place.

Please see the district web site at  for the latest announcements regarding this developing situation.
March 18
If you are a student or parent who needs help accessing Microsoft Teams at home, you can find instructions here. Look for "Microsoft Teams How To" at the bottom of the page. 
March 17
Paper packets will be delivered to students Wednesday, March 18 at the building where they attend schools. Online students will not receive paper packets. For a complete list of instructions and bus stops, see the link in the news summary below. 
March 14, 2020
Paducah Public Schools will offer takeout meal delivery beginning Monday, March 16.

Beginning Tuesday, March 17, until further notice – buses will be at all stops from 10:30 - 11:00 AM.

All sites will serve breakfast and lunch. See the news summary below for a link to a list of Tornado Takeout stops.
March 13, 2020
Information over the coming days/weeks will be sent to you via email and text message to the contact information in Infinite Campus, so having correct email and phone numbers for you is crucial.

If you are not receiving either text messages or e-mails from Paducah Public Schools, please access your Infinite Campus Parent Portal as soon as possible and update your contact information.  Click here to connect to the Campus Parent Portal.

If you don’t have a Parent Portal account, send an e-mail requesting your login information to: [email protected]

If you do not have email, please call 270-444-5600. 
Excellence, Tradition & Pride Since 1864
building at night

Scholarship Information

Scholarships that are received in the counseling office will be listed under the CURRENT SCHOLARSHIPS link and announced through the PTHS Facebook and Twitter pages. 
Your first go-to person for scholarship information, discussions, and application help is your school counselor.   Your school counselor must refer you to Ms. Hancock in order for you to receive the services she is on staff to offer to students.  Ms. Hancock is only in the building one day a week.
Give teachers and counselors at least two weeks to complete any recommendation letters you need whether on paper or online.  Complete a Letter of Recommendation Request Form available in the guidance office and attach a copy of your resume to help the teacher or counselor write your recommendation.  Counselors and teachers do not work during fall, winter and spring break so be sure to plan accordingly if something is due over a break.  Write a thank you note.  ONLINE RECOMMENDATIONS:  Our spam filter may block college online recommendation requests. Please let teachers/counselors know to look in his/her spam folder if they will be sent a recommendation for you through email.
If you need a transcript for your college application, you should request those transcripts through your Parchment account.  You should send your transcript AFTER you have submitted your college application.  If you need a transcript for any other reason (scholarship, special program, etc), please complete the TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORM available in the guidance office. There is a one day turnaround for filling the requests using the paper form. The registrar Ms. Neihoff takes care of transcript requests unless they are done through Parchment, Common Application, or SendU applications.  Common Application and Send U requests are completed by Ms. Sievers the 12th grade counselor.
Revised 3/30/2020 


  • Official Transcript: An official transcript is signed by Ms. Sievers with the school sealed embossed over her signature. She can give you an official transcript in a SEALED envelope which students can attach to applications. Students should NOT open the sealed envelope.
  • Unofficial Transcript: An Unofficial transcript is the one students can print from their Infinite Campus account. In other words, their student hands have touched the transcript.

If you need an OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT for a SCHOLARSHIP application, email Ms. Sievers with your name, the scholarship name, and that you need an official transcript. Please ask for the transcript at least three days in advance of the deadline for the scholarship. She will email you back with a signed version of your transcript to attach to applications.


If you need an UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT and can print it from your Infinite Campus at home, please do that. If you don't have the ability to print an unofficial transcript at home, please email Ms. Sievers at least three days in advance of the deadline for the scholarship and let her know you need an UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT. She will email you a copy of the unofficial transcript to attach to your applications..


MS. SIEVERS EMAIL ADDRESS: [email protected]

800 Caldwell St. Paducah, KY 42003 | Phone: (270) 444-5600 | Fax: (270) 444-5607
View text-based website