Paducah Middle School
Monday, September 9, 2019
• Our volleyball team won two games Friday night! Congratulations!... Volleyball practice this Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 5:30 to 7…Currently, there are volleyball games scheduled for this Saturday, September 14, September 20, and September 28, 2019.
• There will be 6th, 7th and 8th grade academic team practice tomorrow, Tuesday 9/10 from 2:30-3:30 in Mr. Rushing’s room (room 229).
• The football game against Hopkinsville that was originally on the schedule for this week has been cancelled.
• Softball at Marshall County, tomorrow, Tuesday, September 10 at 6:00 pm.
• First quarter mid-term grading period ended Friday, September 6. Progress reports will be given to students this Friday, September 13. Mid-term grades will also be posted in the infinite campus portal at that time.
• Paducah Middle Site Based (SBDM) meeting tomorrow, Tuesday, September 10, 2019, at 4:00 pm in the school library.
• 8th grade students interested in applying for YLA (Young Leaders in Action), can get an application from Ms. Donaldson (8th grade Confidence - room 207). There was also an electronic copy sent home in last week’s announcements. This is a teen leadership/community service program open only to Paducah Middle 8th graders. Applications are due tomorrow, September 10th. If selected there is an orientation meeting September 28th and an overnight trip November 14th and 15th.
• Back-to-School Night has been scheduled for Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 6:00. Please make plans to attend – more information to come.
• There will be another parent meeting for anyone possibly interested in the France trip planned for spring break 2020. Those who have already signed up do not need to attend. The meeting will be Tuesday, September 24 at 6:00 pm in Ms. Johnson's classroom 218.
• Included with parent announcements this week is our weekly “Big Rocks,” - a concept taught through our Leader in Me program. Big Rocks outlines the deadlines, tests, quizzes, projects, due dates, etc. for students in their core classes. Some dates and activities may change, but hopefully, this will provide parents with a starting point for talking with their child about his or her upcoming assignments.