Thursday, May 2, 2019
• Attention 8th Grade Parents: PTHS SBDM Parent Elections will take place in the main lobby Tuesday, May 7, from 7 am - 7 pm. Ballots can be found in the main office at Tilghman, or posted on the front door.
• Last day for students AND 8th grade promotion ceremony - Thursday, May 23rd. Please see attachment for more information.
• Reminder- PMS volleyball practice is from 3PM-5PM every Friday at the Paducah Tilghman Gym.
• There will be no academic team tryouts after school today.
• If interested in the spring break 2020 France trip, please email Ms. Johnson at Jennifer.email@example.com
• The 8th Grade Band will do a recruiting program for all district 5th Grade Students on Monday, May 20 from 8:15-9:30am.
• No school for students Tuesday, May 21, 2019 - staff only
• Any 6th or 7th grade student wishing to try out for the 2019-2020 Paducah Middle Academic team, there will be try outs every Tuesday & Thursday from 2:30-3:15 in Mr. Rushing’s room. This will include quick recall and written assessment exams. These sessions will take place through May 16th. Please try to attend as many sessions as possible. If you want to try out but can’t come to some of the meetings, please stop by room 229 and let Mr. Rushing know.
• Students on Team Confidence - please make sure you turn in your permission slip for the end of the year trip to Kentucky Kingdom. Parents, please take note attached with this Tuesday's announcements.
• Beginning April 23, the Paducah Police Department will have 3 officers who will interact with our students on Tuesdays. The intent is to build positive relationships between the officers and our students. The officers may be seen in the classrooms, walking the halls, and eating lunch with our students.
• PM Talent Show- Monday, May 20th--More info to come! Spring Choir Showcase- Monday, May 20th 5-7pm in the PM Cafeteria
• Tryouts for the Paducah Tilghman Color Guard are beginning!...This is for 8th Graders going into 9th Grade next year. Color Guard is the Flag team for the Marching Band at PTHS....The clinics are: starting today, April 18, 23, 25, 30 and May 2 from 3:30-5:30pm in PTHS Band Room....The tryouts are - May 3 starting at 3:30pm....If you are going to the clinics &/or tryouts, you must have Dance Clothes, Gym Shoes, No blue Jeans, NO JEWELRY....Any questions, ask Ms. Williams here in the PM band room.
• KPrep testing dates – May 7, 8, 9, 10, 13.
• Students: Food and/or drinks purchased by Foodservice are NOT to be taken out of the cafeteria…FUN DIPS are not to be brought to school. If they are packaged as part of your lunch, they should be for you, and only you.NO outside food or drinks are allowed, unless the items are packaged as your lunch. If you do not understand this, please speak with an administrator....Backpacks, fanny packs, purses of any size, are not allowed in the classroom setting. These items belong in your lockers; no exceptions.
• Yearbooks are on sale! Turn in your envelope order form to Miss Abbie in the main office, OR order online at https://commpe.pictavo.com/ (service fee applies)...Update: We have sold 135 yearbooks so far! There are 65 remaining! The sooner, the better! Place your order online OR bring your money in an envelope to school
• Fourth Quarter Learning checks schedule -
May 15 Language Arts/Social Studies
May 16 Math/Science
6th and 7th Grade Learning Check
May 17 Language Arts/Social Studies
May 22 Math/Science
• From Ms. Williams (band and strings):
All Band Students: Ice Cream Festival Concert is coming up for ALL BAND kids at Tilghman on Saturday, May 11.
Band students arrive at 10am, Concert in Gym at 11am, Ice Cream & Jazz Bands to follow.