New announcements highlighted
Paducah Middle School
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
- NO after school band, NO late beginner band lessons on Wednesday this week. We WILL have it on Dec. 11th for the last time until January.
- Band, Choir and Strings Concert on THURSDAY, DEC. 5 in PMS gym at 7pm. Students need to be in their seat, in uniform (music shirt and khaki pants) ready to play at 6:15pm that evening.
- Student council meeting after school on Wednesday in Ms. Hamrick’s room (room 209).
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes [FCA]will meet Wednesday, December 4, from 2:30-3:30 in room 113.
- From Coach Amos and Coach Shelby: 7th and 8th grade boys basketball players need to be at the gym no later than 3PM for pictures today! We will be wearing BLUE uniforms for pictures.
- Both 7th and 8th grade boys will practice immediately after pictures today until about 5:15.
- A very special congratulations to the 8th grade boys’ basketball team for their well-deserved and hard fought victory over powerhouse, Hopkinsville. Time after time the Blue Tornado counter-punched every time the Tigers fired a blow! The Blue Tornado were led by JJ Reed with 19 points and 9 rebounds, Rod Thomas contributed 14 points and 8 rebounds and Maurice Cooper provided intense defensive pressure on their point guard, who plays varsity basketball for Hopkinsville High School, and also added 6 points and 2 steals and 1 block. Extraordinary win for the Blue Tornado, as they improve to 11-0 for the season! Great job guys and let's keep up the great work!
- Congratulations to Paducah Middle 7th grader Miranda Newtown for some excellent swims at the Paducah Tilghman Invitational last night…Miranda was part of the 3 rd place 200 Medley Relay, 4th in the 200 Freestyle, and 5thin the 100 Backstroke…Way to go Miranda!
- Teen Ambassadors will meet Thursday, December 5th in the library after school.
- Any student who would like to enter art work in the art show – bring it to Mrs. Jones by Wednesday of this week. Art work has to be approved by Mrs. Jones before it will be accepted. Art show is here, in the atrium, Thursday December 5thstarting at 6, before the band and choir concert.
- 7th and 8th grade boys’ basketball players need to bring their "blue uniforms" for pictures today at 3:00 PM in the gym.
- Please see the attached letter from Principal Overlin.
- Any basketball parent who wants to help with concessions at any of the remaining home games should contact Ms. Abbie at Abigail.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paducah Power challenges 11 area schools to conduct a canned food drive. id="mce_marker",000 for the most lbs. collected, $500.00 for the most SPIRIT during the contest, and $500 for the best canned food sculpture. Contest begins Dec 2nd and ends Dec 17th. Non-parishable food items only.
These items may be placed in the large gray container located near the gym and cafeteria doors.
Guidance Counselor Paducah Middle School