Paducah Middle School
Monday, October 21, 2019
• The book fair is going on this week in the library; students were given flyers last week and can see Mrs. Ringstaff for more information.
• Congratulations to both football teams for their big wins this past weekend.
• STEM event for girls (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) – Thursday, November 7, 2019 from 5:00 – 8:00 pm at WKCTC/Clemens Fine Arts Center. Food will be served. The event is free to attend, but registration is requested. You may call 270-443-1746 or visit the following site to register: https://www.paducahchamber.org/main/chamber-calendar/#id=10564&cid=54&wid=201&type=Cal
• First quarter report cards will be sent home with students: this Wednesday, October 23, 2019
• From Ms. Williams (band and strings):
Tuesday, Oct. 29 we are having our annual Costume Concert—Students performing MUST be ready to warm up by 6:00pm in the PTHS Gym—they may wear a costume OR their Blue PM Music polo shirt & khaki pants. The concert begins at 6:30pm on Tuesday, 10/29 in the PTHS Gym.
Monday, Nov. 18: All District Band Auditions—students auditioning will stay after school in the band room. We will leave to go to Mayfield Middle for the audition at 3:30, and we will return between 8:30 and 9:00pm that evening. Students who are selected for the band will find out Tuesday morning, Nov. 19th.
Thursday, Dec. 19: Christmas Concert in the PTHS Auditorium at 6:30pm. Students must be at PTHS ready to warm up & tune at 6pm. (8th Grade Concert Band, PM String Orchestra and PM Jazz Band are the only groups performing on the Christmas Concert).
• Lego Robotics, October 22, 2019 – tomorrow, Tuesday, 10/22.
• Picture retake day this Friday, October 25th.
• Academic team competition vs. Mayfield, North Marshall, and Carlisle at Mayfield – tomorrow, Tuesday, October 22 at 4:00.
• We will have our first speech team meeting and assign pieces this Thursday, October 24th from 2:30-3:15pm. Students need to stop by and let Mrs. Harris know which category they would like to participate in.
• Included with parent announcements this week is our weekly “Big Rocks,” - a concept taught through our Leader in Me program. Big Rocks outlines the deadlines, tests, quizzes, projects, due dates, etc. for students in their core classes. Some dates and activities may change, but hopefully, this will provide parents with a starting point for talking with their child about his or her upcoming assignments.