Welcome to Paducah Independent School's Transportation Department. The department consists of the transportation director, two transportation data assistants, 26 full-time drivers, four bus monitors, three driver trainers and two mechanics.
If you are unsure about whether you live in the Paducah Independent School district, you can use this link. Type in your address and it will tell you what school district you are in.
The following 102 routes are driven daily:
• 18 High School Routes
• 24 Middle School Routes
• 2 Choices Educational Center Routes
• 42 Elementary Routes
• 8 Morning Head Start Routes
• 8 Afternoon Head Start Routes
Unsure About What School District You Live In?
If you are new to the area and are not sure about what school disrict you live in, click here. At the link, type in your address and the web site will tell you which school district you live in.
I. Students attending local schools will be on direct bus runs to the schools which they attend.
II. All students in Special Needs Programs scheduled to ride special buses will be contacted by their drivers prior to the opening of the school regarding pickup time.
III. The Kindergarten program will utilize the regular bus service at the beginning and end of the normal school day. Parents of Head Start students will be notified of transportation service by the appropriate program office.
IV. If you have questions concerning bus routes, call your school or the Transportation Office 444-5635. After school starts, information may be more swiftly obtained from the school.
V. Paducah Public Schools provides transportation for students living more than one mile from school. Students living within a one-mile radius are not provided transportation unless unsafe walking conditions exist.
VI. All students are subject to walking to a bus stop.
VII. Transportation department bus stop forms are required by all riders. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to ensure the white copy of the form is fully completed and presented to the driver so your child may board the bus.
• Students are expected to ride in their assigned buses.
• Students are not permitted to switch buses without authorization from a principal or the Transportation Department.
• Any student in violation of these regulations will be subject to disciplinary action in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct.
• The displaying of colors, hand signs, graffiti, wearing of apparel, or other representation of gang affiliation/membership will be considered intimidation/harassment and is expressly prohibited on school grounds or during any school activity. Violation may result in suspension or other appropriate action.
School Bus Information: Responsibilities of Parents and Guardians
Responsibility of Parents/Guardians
• Report any alleged misconduct on the school bus to the principal.
• Report all traffic hazards and the bus numbers of all buses observed being operated carelessly; call the Transportation Department at 444-5635 ext 5649.
• Encourage students to observe all safety and conduct regulations established for the safe and efficient operation of the school bus.
• Observe extreme caution when approaching a bus stop, a moving bus, or a stopped bus.
• Help supervise large numbers of children at the bus stop.
• See that your children are at the stop five minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
• After the start of the school year, all requests for a transportation change must be approved by the coordinator and principal.
• Ridership cards are required on the first day of school.
School Bus Information: On the Trip Home
On the Trip Home
• You are permitted to leave the bus only at the regular, designated stop. Any change must be made with the parent's/guardian's request in writing and changes must be approved by the signature of the school principal.
• If a student lives on the opposite side of a road from the bus stop, the student should go to the front of the bus and wait until the bus driver gives the signal to cross the road. Never cross the road in the rear of a stopped school bus.
• Students traveling to the Oscar Cross Boy’s and Girl’s club must have a picture club ID in order to board those buses.
School Bus Information: While Riding the Bus
While Riding the Bus
• Obey the driver’s instructions. The driver of a school bus is in complete charge of the passengers while they are aboard. If you have a complaint, take it to your principal.
• Remember that the driver has the authority to assign seats.
• Do not sit on books. Instead, hold them in your lap. Books and other objects are not to be piled in the aisle. Band instruments or other large objects will be allowed on the bus only if the items can be held in the student’s lap.
• Be seated immediately, and remain seated while the bus is in motion. If a seat is not available, passengers should hold onto the back of a seat.
• Do not extend arms, legs, or head out of the bus.
• Refrain from talking to the driver except in an emergency.
• Remember that pets and animals are not permitted on the bus at any time.
• Do not tamper with the emergency door, fire extinguisher, or other equipment on the bus.
• Do not mar or deface the bus. Seat coverings must not be damaged in any manner. Anyone caught damaging the equipment will be subject to disciplinary action and/or restitution.
• Do not fight or scuffle on the bus or create any loud disturbances.
• Do not wave or shout to pedestrians or occupants of other vehicles, and do not throw objects from the bus window.
• Keep the bus clean. Do not throw wastepaper on the floor.
• Remember that smoking, eating, and drinking are not permitted on the school bus.
• Know that the use of profanity and obscene signs on the school bus are prohibited.
School Bus Information: While Waiting to Board a Bus
While Waiting to Board a Bus
• Arrive at your bus stop five minutes ahead of the bus. The driver will not wait for you.
• Keep the roadway clear of books, clothing, and other articles. Never play in the path of traffic, and stand well away from the road when the bus approaches.
• Do not damage property, such as flowers, shrubbery, windows, fences, and other items while waiting for the bus.
• Avoid making excessive noise.
• Remember that fighting at bus stops subjects the student to disciplinary action (to be reported to the school principal).
• Do not run alongside the bus when the bus is moving. Wait until the bus stops; then walk to the door and board the bus in an orderly manner. Do not push or shove.
• If you have to cross from the on the opposite side of the road from a bus stop, wait on your side of the road until the bus arrives and the driver gives the signal to cross the road.
If you have any questions concerning bus transportation please call the numbers below:
The Main Line 270-444-5635 + ext
Fax Number 270-444-5639
Bus Garage Fax 270-444-5642
Steven Spraggs, Director of Transportation ext 1200 email: email@example.com
Jim Frizzell, Head Mechanic 270- 444-5635 ext. 1204 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Victor Bolton, Mechanic 270-444-5635 ext. 1204 email: email@example.com
John Balogach, Data Assistant ext 1201 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Honey Holmes, Data Assistant ext 1202 email: email@example.com
Leslie Ravens, Driver Trainer ext 1206 email: leslie.ravens@paducah,kyschools.us
Kathy Maas, Driver Trainer ext 1207 email: firstname.lastname@example.org